PULEVA BIOTECH, SA
Improving Food, Improving Health
Life Sciences and Health, Agrifood
Address: Camino Purchill nº 66
City: 18004 Granada
Research expertise and Human Resources Puleva Biotech S.A. is a company devoted to the research, development and commercialisation of new products based on natural ingredients with health related benefits that can improve the wellbeing through the prevention of certain diseases.
Puleva Biotech was established in the year 2000 and is part of the Ebro-Puleva group, Spain's largest agro-food business. The origin of Puleva Biotech can be found in the R&D department of Puleva Food, founded in 1974. This department has been a strategic element during the last 30 years by actively contributing to the economic growth of the company. The following milestones have been achieved by this department during all these years: i) Development and world-wide commercialization of the first infant formula enriched with nucleotides.• ii) Development of one of the first lipid mixtures for infant nutrition (Omega3 fatty acids), ii) Pioneers in the development of functional foods in Europe.
Lípids, omega-3 fatty acids
Areas of expertise:
• Nutrition throughout the whole life (newborn, childhood, adolescence, pregnancy, lactation, senior).
• Intestinal health
• Infection prevention
• Cardiovascular disease prevention
• Functional Ingredients: Design of strategies aimed to identify, validate and develop natural compounds able to modulate a target physiological function.
• Design of functional food concepts that include bioactive natural compounds.
• Scientific support of health related claims.
• Support on nutricional and health related claim communication.
• Nutrional intervention trials in human volunteers to prove the health related benefits of functional food prototypes on key biomarkers widely accepted by the scientific community. Our research expertise topics are:
Since its establishment in 2000, the overall estrategy relies and will rely on constant innovation. Therefore, 30 out of 70 employees in the company hold a PhD degree and more than 60 are directly involved in R&D+i activities.
Facilities and Infrastructures PULEVA BIOTECH has more than 2,000 m2 destined completely to I+D activities. Four groups of Investigation exist that make their work in the fields of the nutrition, biotechnology, biomedicine and chemistry. These four laboratories completely are equipped to perform all the activities that this project demands. Additionally, Puleva Biotech has a laboratory of product development equipped with plant pilot for functional food development.
Staff involved in the project